Our Promises to You:
- MADE WITH INTEGRITY
- ETHNOBOTANY & CHEMISTRY COMBINED
- WE'LL MAKE IT RIGHT
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” Truer words are rarely spoken. Yes, there’s things to worry about but if your brain goes overboard in its fears the results can be destructive socially, emotionally, and physically. Unnamed dread has plagued humans for thousands of years, inspiring the search for plants to help reduce worry and fear. Our mood support formula takes the best herbs found by ancient civilizations around the world and fuses them into a synergistic supplement to help you cope with the day.
The Serenity Pill Story
As daughter of the tribe’s leader she had a safe and secure position. No need to worry about food, shelter, or any necessities of life. Her children were healthy and watched over by the whole tribe. Yet, she was wracked with fears. Thoughts of “What if…”filled her highly intelligent brain. She told herself her fears were excessive, but she couldn’t stop them. Members of the tribe had been noticing and talking about it, which made it even worse.
The old medicine man had watched the woman and had heard those speaking behind her. He himself knew just how common those crippling thoughts could be…and how to help. Showing up at her hut one morning he sat and talked with her as they drank tea he had brewed. He suggested a series of breath-holding exercises, with the goal of holding her breath for several minutes. Also, building up muscle strength and agility through sparring. These seemed strange to the woman but she humored the supposedly wise medicine man. Each morning he’d show up with the tea and work with her. Her ability to hold her breath progressed rapidly, to the point not breathing for five minutes! To do so required much mental calm as the body started demanding air. At the same time, she noticed new power in her arms and legs. A strange confidence blossomed in her as she realized her own strength. But before all those physical things she had realized her own brain had been less of an enemy towards herself. Something in the medicine man’s daily brew had helped her stay focused on the real life around her, not the scary life she imagined…
The world can be a scary place, just as much now as it was 10,000 years ago, though the specific threats may have changed. But you come from a long line of ancestors who met those threats and overcame them! But sometimes your brain can over-analyze, or misinterpret data, especially when its chemistry shifts away from what would be considered appropriate levels of key components. Modern science has come up with different, effective ways to manipulate brain chemistry. But so had the tribal caretakers. This problem isn’t a modern issue, it’s been around since the dawn of time and help in the form of herbs and exercises for it have been around that long, too.
During this age of scientific hubris, many scientists rejected the old and devoted themselves to replacing the natural with the lab-made. The herbs that had once maintained the tribe were carelessly thrown aside, but wisdom is returning. More and more, science is finding truth in those old ways. The tribal medicine man is returning.
- MULTIPLE MECHANISMS: Diversity brings strength. By harnessing the different properties of several plants, a more complete emotional support is obtained.
- ASHWAGHANDA ROOT Extract (640mg): Used in India for over 3000 years, mood enhancement is just one of many powers of this root. Among its many compounds is a GABA mimic, the neurotransmitter which triggers release of serotonin the brain chemical responsible for feelings of well-being. Its powers don’t stop there. Withania somnifera has also been shown increase in muscle mass and stamina.* People feel stronger and capable of taking on the world, resulting in increased self-assurance. Not just muscles but also the immune system reaps benefit from ashwaghanda. Its root extract has been shown to increase Natural Killer Cells, a key component of the immune defensive system.* Staying healthy while others fall helps build a sense of self-confidence.
- PASSION FLOWER EXTRACT (160mg): Another source of GABA but with additional compounds that help the beneficial phytocompounds access the neurons of the brain. An increase in the brain’s GABA concentration may lead to a calm sense of security. Purple passion (Passiflora incarnata) flowers vines been used by southeastern Native Americans, where the local Native Americans at the fruit and used the flowers & leaves for strong medicine. The main organs affected by Passiflora tea are the brain and nervous system. Here, due to assorted neurotransmitters such as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in the vine, a calming effect occurs. Medicine Man Plant Co. freeze-dried the tea to remove the water without damaging the comfort-inducing compounds. In the modern world time is treasure and we want you to have a rich life. There’s something to be said about developing peaceful tea rituals but if you’re already worried about getting everything done then a capsule containing the same compounds is the way to go.
- NUTMEG (100mg): Originating from ancient Indonesia, nutmeg has been scientifically shown to lift and support healthy moods.* It is good for all ages and genders. Nutmeg is the powdered nuts of the Indonesian tree Myristica fragrans. Originally only available from several secret islands, the demand for the sweet, powerful spice resulted in much bloodshed as different nationalities fought for control of the lucrative nutmeg trade. It contains a large number of beneficial, bioactive compounds but also tastes great, making it both pleasant and medicinal.
The beneficial powers of nutmeg are due to its compounds interacting with the body's adrenergic, dopaminergic, and serotonergic systems, increasing the amount of “feel good” neurotransmitters in the brain* Perhaps the inclusion of nutmeg in many holiday dishes causes some of the good will associated with those times of year!
The antibacterial effects of nutmeg are well tested. In particular, it is good against oral bacteria responsible for gingivitis and E. coli, a common pathogen in food poisoning and other infections arising from unsanitary situations.* Correlations have been found between proper, healthy gut bacteria and mood.* Happy stomach flora, happy mind!
Another source of happiness comes from physical contact. Along those lines, research supports nutmeg having a positive effect on libido by making the brain more sensitive to pleasurable sensations.* The mechanism of this effect hasn’t been determined but its use definitely has been.
Chronic inflammation can wear down a person down psychologically. Nutmeg powder includes monoterpenes such as sabinene, terpineol, and pinene and cyanidin and phenolic antioxidants, all of which are potent anti-inflammatory agents, helping to reduce inflammation irritation.*
- GREEN TEA EXTRACT (200mg): Another source of ancient mood enhancement, the antioxidants and phenolics found in green tea maintain the energy level of the brain, supporting a positive mood. You get the antioxidative and energy of freshly brewed green tea.* Sometimes calm leads to sleepiness. Since much of the day requires a clear head, a bit of freeze-dried green tea (Camellia sinensis) was also included in the formulation. The dash of caffeine found in it will help with attention and counteract potential drowsiness. Green tea is also known to contain L-theanine, which has been found to offer anti-anxiety properties.* Camellia sinensis comes originally from south Asia to central China but has spread around the world due to how good it makes people feel.
- UNIQUELY FORMULATED: Tapping both the chemistry and ethnobotanical knowledge of trusted medicinal plant expert, patented chemist, and author Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen, these formulas have been developed based on decades of deep study and experimentation. All natural, all proven.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Responsibly sourced and harvested, non-GMO, 3rd Party tested for pesticides and heavy metals, minimally processed using cGMP standards to maintain the integrity of compounds. MM Plant Co. is 100% confident in The Serenity Pill. If for any reason at all you're not satisfied, simply contact us and we'll make it right.
For best results, take one capsule at the start of your day and the second capsule after lunch or about 30 minutes before an event you know may be difficult.
Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Insomnia and Anxiety: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6827862/
An alternative treatment for anxiety: a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270108/
An investigation into the stress-relieving and pharmacological actions of an ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6750292/
Chemical diversity and pharmacological significance of the secondary metabolites of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt.) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5222521/
Evaluation of the anti-depressant activity of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) in male rats https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4075663/
Effects of passiflora incarnata for control of anxiety in patients undergoing dental extraction https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5217504/
Herbal Medicinal Products from Passiflora for Anxiety: An Unexploited Potential https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7387951/
Passiflora incarnata in Neuropsychiatric Disorders-A Systematic Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7766837/
The Serenity Pill has various potential interactions with other medications. It may enhance the effects of sedatives and blood pressure medications, potentially leading to excessive sedation or low blood pressure. It may also increase the levels of thyroid hormones and interact with immunosuppressants, altering their effects. The Serenity Pill's anticoagulant effects may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with blood thinners. Additionally, it may enhance the effects of antidepressants and stimulants, potentially causing serotonin syndrome, nervousness, or insomnia. The Serenity Pill may reduce the effectiveness of certain heart disease medications, such as adenosine, by blocking their effects. Medical consultation is recommended before taking The Serenity Pill in combination with any medication.
*FDA Disclaimer: The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Customer Reviews (% reviewsData.profile_link_title %)
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted