Our Promises to You:
- MADE WITH INTEGRITY
- ETHNOBOTANY & CHEMISTRY COMBINED
- WE'LL MAKE IT RIGHT
Modern life challenges your heart. Sitting too much instead of moving around, eating too much of the tasty but wrong foods…these things affect your entire circulatory system. The result is your heart, already the hardest working muscle in your body, must squeeze with even more force and more pressure to move blood through 60,000 miles of blood vessels found in the average person. It’s not surprising that inefficiencies in circulation of blood this far can arise, resulting in an overworked heart. Thousands of years ago plants were found that support the proper function of the heart and blood vessels. These plants are again available to you today!
The Blood Pressure Pill Story
The medicine man recognized from the symptoms that it was time. Caring for the tribe was hard work, especially with the stresses arising from the colder than normal winter. He could feel the effects of the hard work in his breathing and in his heart. Things weren’t right inside him but as medicine man he knew what to do. A bit of this, a bit of that, ground together and consumed… He could sense the slight change in his circulation as he sat quietly in his hut. Hours later, looking back at how he jumped up and raced to aid a child burned by a cooking fire, the shortness of breath that had begun accompanying fast actions was gone. The medicine man knew that until he could get other parts of his life back in balance those special plants were going to be a necessary part of his daily routine. That was okay since it’d also be a reminder of the changes he needed to make in himself.
The human body is complex mixture of chemistry, physics, and divine spark. As with any intricate system, a fault in one area can trigger more complications elsewhere. Injury, illness, or lifestyle can all lead to issues. Luckily, the human body is also amazingly tough and once the underlying cause is dealt with, the body’s perfect equilibrium returns. Our heart and circulatory system are a prime example of the astounding lengths nature goes to when trying to solve a problem. It is responsible for moving the oxygen, fuel, and other compounds cells need, removing the waste products the cells produce, transporting the defensive troops that fight infections, and a host of other actions that keep us alive. Anything that causes a struggle in this movement causes trouble in our life. Being so key to survival, medicine men have been finding helpful plants to support that crucial system since the dawn of time.
But a change occurred several hundred years ago. Scientists arrived and decided they could make something better than what nature provided. From their labs came strange molecules to replace the plants and mushrooms of the ancestors. There were some amazing creations…and many that would be considered failures when judged correctly. During this age of scientific hubris, some of the scientists rejected the new and devoted their studies to the old, the ancient. The plants that had once healed the tribe were carefully teased apart, studying the powers of the individual molecules they contained, studying the miracles of which they were capable. In this quest for understanding the components a universal truth was discovered…alone is weak, together is strong. No one molecule could be found that when used alone gave the benefit of using the entire leaf, flower, or root. Ancient wisdom had returned.
- MULTIPLE ACTION: As proven time and again, diversity brings strength. By harnessing the different properties of several plants, more complete support of the heart and cleaning of the circulatory system is obtained.
- HAWTHORN: Known for over 2000 years by Europeans, hawthorn has been the great-grandfather of Western support of the heart’s normal functioning.* Among its powers is the natural increase of nitric oxide in the body which relaxes blood vessels making them more flexible and less restricted.* Our hawthorn berries are desiccated and powdered at FDA-registered facilities following GMP standards to insure purity. The Roman Legion physician Dioscorides was the first to write of using hawthorns to maintain the circulatory system but usage likely stretches back to the earliest tribal healers of not just Europe but also Asia and the American continents. There are many species of hawthorns around the world, each having the same properties. Their fruit, leaves, and berries were all used, based on what was available through the seasons, to increase overall blood flow without needing the heart to pump with greater force. Hawthorn accomplishes this through multiple mechanisms. Ingesting it causes nitric oxide concentrations to increase which relaxes blood vessel, making them more flexible.* Powerful flavonoid and anthocyanidin antioxidants help prevent cholesterol from adhering to blood vessel walls as well as reducing oxidative damage to the heart itself.* Open, relaxed, unclogged vessels reduces the pressure needed by the heart needs to pump blood.
- ROSELLA: The beautiful-flowered, West African bush Hibiscus sabdariffa has spread around the globe by people knowledgeable of nature’s power. Anthocyanins of this plant inhibit oxidation of healthy LDLs, reducing hardening & clogging of arteries.* This allows easier blood flow to all parts of your body.* Our rosella are grown in certified organic fields and carefully harvested to maintain optimal concentrations of their beneficial phytocompounds. This deep red member of the mallow family evolved on the central and west African plains, quickly moving into India. Like most mallows, many parts of this tall, stately shrub are edible but its use in maintaining proper blood pressure is what really caused it to spread among tribal healers. The key component of roselle are its deep red calyces, the protective sheaths around the flower buds. This is where the heart-supporting anthocyanidin compounds are richest. Like with similar compounds in hawthorn, these help destroy bad lipids that create vessel-clogging plaque.* Because of the rich genetic diversity of modern humans, having two different types of anthocyanidins is more likely to accomplish this goal.
- GINGER: Harnessing the powers of ginger goes back to Asia and India. It brings about vasodilation, widening the blood vessels and so requiring less effort of the heart to pump blood.* Ginger may be a perfect example of “Let food be thy medicine”. 5,000 years ago it was already deeply rooted in both Indian and Chinese culture. Its unique flavor was a key spice in many foods while at the same time its rich collection of compounds made it a medicinal favorite. Science supports ginger’s claims of immuno-modulatory, anti-tumorigenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptotic, anti-hyperglycemic, anti-lipidemic, anti-emetic, and antioxidative properties.* Compounds in this root are also capable of relaxing blood vessels by interfering with the voltage-dependent channels triggered by calcium to constrict arteries, veins, and capillaries.* This is a different vessel relaxation mechanism than what occurs from increasing the body’s nitric oxide concentration.
- ETHNOBOTANY & CHEMISTRY COMBINED: Designed by Ph.D. chemist and prominent medicinal plant forager Dr. Mark Merriwether Vorderbruggen, this blend taps the experiences of the ancient herbalists while also being supported by modern research.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Responsibly sourced and harvested, non-GMO, 3rd Party tested for pesticides and heavy metals, minimally processed using cGMP standards to maintain the integrity of compounds. MM Plant Co. is 100% confident in The Blood Pressure Pill. If for any reason at all you're not satisfied, simply contact us and we'll make it right.
- INTERACTIONS: This supplement should not be taken in conjunction with medicines known to raise or lower blood pressure, increase the pumping force of the heart, or increase the overall volume of blood delivered to the heart as this product may increase these effects beyond safe levels.
For optimal results, take four capsules per day, all at the same time, with 8oz of water. When first starting, take two capsules per day for the first week, then add two more capsules daily in the second week. If possible during the first two weeks, check blood pressure every other day to measure effects of The Blood Pressure Pill.
Effect of hawthorn standardized extract on flow mediated dilation in prehypertensive and mildly hypertensive adults: a randomized, controlled cross-over trial: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22458601/
Fruits for Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28608832/
Hibiscus sabdariffa L. - a phytochemical and pharmacological review: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25038696/
Hibiscus sabdariffa L. in the treatment of hypertension and hyperlipidemia: a comprehensive review of animal and human studies: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23333908/
Bioactive Compounds and Bioactivities of Ginger ( Zingiber officinale Roscoe): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31151279/
The importance of selected spices in cardiovascular diseases: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27892897/
*FDA Disclaimer: The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Customer Reviews (% reviewsData.profile_link_title %)
0 Review Posted
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted